Are you called to ministry? Check below for any job openings we have at FBC Monticello.
We are currently seeking applicants for our church Financial Administrator position. This is a full-time position within the church support staff. We are thankful to Joan Jones, who has held this role for the past few years. She will remain on staff until the position is filled, and will be available to train whoever takes over.
The Financial Administrator is responsible for maintaining the church financial records and for preparing periodical financial reports.
- Review the receiving, counting and depositing of the church offerings.
- Process online giving transactions.
- Post weekly offering and online contributions to individual accounts; file offering envelopes and online giving transfer records. Inform secretary of any memorials or honorariums given in order to send acknowledgments.
- Post receipts and disbursements to all accounts.
- Mail out member contribution records at the end of the year.
- Maintain and update online giving platform as needed.
- Receive and check all invoices for accuracy and prepare them for payment.
- Prepare and issue checks in accordance to church’s procedures.
- Maintain online drafts and payments to vendors.
- Receive and answer queries concerning financial matters; maintain file of all invoices, correspondence, and reports.
- Process payroll on the 15th and 30th of each month. Check and compute timesheets of hourly paid workers. Issue payroll checks for hourly and salaried employees. Prepare and issue the end of the year W-2 statements to employees, and 1099 Misc. statements to contract labor.
- Maintain pastoral staff salary package information; including ministry expense, convention/conference, life/health/disability insurance, personal and church-match retirement contributions, salary, and housing.
- Maintain support staff salary package information.
- Maintain and update employee records in ACS and hardcopy files.
- Receive and process new hire forms.
- Receive and process background checks.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Pastor, ALT, Deacons and church.
- Prepare financial reports for church conferences. Attend church conference.
- Attend monthly ALT meeting (review/approve financial report).
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Prepare quarterly Form 941 according to due dates; prepare yearly W3, ARW-3, AR3MAR, and 1096
- Record sign-up, payments and balances due for all church sponsored trips, camps, mission trips, retreats, concerts, etc.
- Determine expenses and receipts associated with different activities (camps, trips, evangelistic events, VBS, fundraisers, Fall Festival, mission trips, etc.) Prepare statement showing costs of each project to be given to responsible persons.
- Receive annual budget requests; prepare budget spreadsheets for pastor and ALT; prepare final budget proposal for ALT, Deacons and church.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and a résumé to the church office in person or via email to email@example.com.